Wednesday 18 February 2009

Yellow Tailed Black Cockatoo

So how cute is this bird!!!
These fabulous Yellow Tailed Black Cockatoos landed in the garden 2 days ago and I have tried and tried to get photos ... but to no avail - so I resorted to google pictures and found this one.

They have been sitting in my Hakea tree cracking the giant nuts that contain the seeds.

Recently we bought a new water bowl for the birds and have been filling it each day - with all the hot weather the one we had was not enough. I am also putting out seed a couple of times a week so we have attracted Rosellas, Lorikeets, Sulphur Crested Cockatoos and Galahs. An absolute delight to watch whilst eating breakfast!

1 comment:

Davine said...

I agree Jenny, it is so nice to have lots of birds in the garden. I am so happy my cat Caspa is now to old to chase them away.