Sunday 13 March 2011

Sunday Challenge - Make a Clipboard


Hi everyone...

I'm so excited to be here again in blogland!!!

I know you'll forgive me for being absent so long but it's all good news now - Rozzie's cancer is gone - banished by chemo and surgery... her hair is growing (most exciting part for her!!) and she is working part time at her old job.

Our lives are slowly and gently returning to 'normal'...

It's a long weekend, Caity and Rozzie are away with friends at the beach, the house is quiet, relaxed...

Gordon is 'flying' on his computer, I'm fiddling in my craft room... but I have so many ideas and seem to procrastinate and fiddle instead of doing anything substantial... I'm sure I'm the only person who never seems to get anywhere after 5 hours in the craft room.

So, I decided to give my 'crafting mojo' a kick start by participating in a challenge....

Crafters Anonymous is a fab group that anyone can join and on a Sunday they have a challenge - this week the challenge was set by Marija Paic.

Marija said: The challenge is to "make a clipboard or decorate one" Just remember...you can use ANY medium. Knit, Crochet, Sew, Quilt, Cards, Paint...ANYTHING!!!

I knew this was the perfect challenge for me because:

(a) Sometimes I need to be 'told' what to do,

(b) I've never made a clipboard before,

(c) I make copious notes about all sorts of things all the time, and

(d) I already had the perfect peg!

Here's what I came up with:



It was super easy to make...

(1) just cut a piece of cardboard to any size,

(2) cover with your favourite papers, add ribbon


(3) add a peg.


I was lucky to find some pegs at the supermarket that are the exact colour of Poppy
Parade!!!

Then I added a punched flower and button decoration to the peg:


and pegged on a notepad... Hey presto... a clipboard.




12 comments:

Helen Williams said...

Beautiful Clipboard Jenny.
I love Poppy Parade.

Anna said...

You are right! It is the perfect clip! This is beautiful.

Dee said...

well done you - its lovely - is your mojo back now?

Unknown said...

Welcome back Jenny, glad to hear your fabulous news (and your daughters) that is the best news ever for you all. Your clipboard is fantastic, great job !!!

Jenny Adams said...

Thank you for your lovely comments ladies... my mojo is no longer lurking and is officially back for good!
Jenny

Monique said...

Jenny, what great news about your daughter, it must be an amazing feeling. Nice to see you "back" too.

I love your clipboard, and what a clever idea to use those pegs! I have some in the kitchen for keeping bags closed, I might just have to raid them.

Michelle said...

Welcome back, Jenny! Great to have your enthusiasm, and mojo, back in my world. :)

Love the new look blog, too!

flo's-a-scrapin said...

very pretty, love that dsp

Anonymous said...

Oh thats just gorgeous! learning to love that colour and love your flower peg

Louise Harry said...

Love the clipboard, love Poppy Parade, love the fact that Rozzie has beaten the cancer and love that your mojo has returned! Hope the return to work has gone well for you.

Anonymous said...

Great to see you are blogging again!
Welcome back. :-)
Maybe we have both got our stamping MoJo back again. Tricia

Nerida said...

Gorgeous use for the patterned papers and love the Poppy Parade it is so bright and cheerful.