Monday 19 July 2010

Birthday Wish

Remember when you were 16? What a great age.

I remember - vaguely - turning 16... it was the same year Ringo Starr brought out the song - You're Sixteen, You're Beautiful... and You're Mine! I LOVED that song.

My niece, Emily, turned 16 on the weekend and here is the card I made for her:




I was able to add the die cut numbers by using my fantastic alphabet set that runs through my die cut machine, The Big Shot!! Love that machine.



I started this card ages ago at my friend Michelle's house... we were having a girly day and making cards together... except I didn't get mine finished. Then Michelle invited us to take up the creative challenge and my challenge was to finish my cards! Yay.. done.

I love the idea of trying to finish off some projects that have been started, and never completed. Anyone else know that feeling?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

This is a Fabulous Card, Jenny! LOVE the colours and the "16" looks so effective. Hmm. Might have to indulge in those dies next time we 'create' together.

Karen G said...

This is a gorgeous card, Jenny. I'm sure your niece loved it. I definitely know that feeling of starting something and then not finishing them!!! Have a few projects like that lying around.

Karen G.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Great card. The die cuts look gorgeous and really add to the card. I have some unfinished projects in my studio that call to me in the middle of the night. I have to set aside time and make them fulfilled! Thanks for inspiring.